I came up with the receipe below while making the most of my blizzard food stash.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ~4 medium celery stalks, diced
- ~4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ~6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tsp Chinese five spice
- 1tsp basil
- 1tsp oregano
- Brown ground turkey and leave on medium heat.
- Heat the garlic and onion until the onion is clear.
- Add garlic, onion, and spices to the turkey.
- Heat the rest of the veggies in a separate pan.
- When the veggies are tender, add half of them to the ground turkey.
- Put the otiher half in a blender and blend them into a sauce.
- Add the veggie sauce to the ground turkey.
- Adjust sauciness by adding a cup or 2 or water to the ground turkey.
- Continue heating until you're convinced the turkey is finished cooking.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
I only blended half the veggies because the pan I was using was too small to cook all the veggies at once, but it turned out really nice, especially with some chipotle hot sauce.